I have been working in publishing since 2010, most recently as a Senior Production Editor in the English Language Teaching division at Oxford University Press. I started my freelance career in October 2017.
I specialise in editing and project managing ELT materials (Primary, Secondary and Adult), including Student's Books, Workbooks, Teacher's Books, Classroom Presentation Tools, e-books, CD-ROMs/DVDs, Online Practice and websites, in both British and American English.
I work both on paper proofs and on-screen. I edit using the following operating systems and software:
- Windows 10 Pro
- macOS High Sierra
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Adobe Reader XI
- Adobe InCopy CC
Some of my training courses include:
- Introduction to ELT editing (in-house)
- Managing editorial freelancers (in-house)
- Planning and managing complex projects (ELTjam)
- Microsoft Project basics (Greenmarch)
- Word styling (Greenmarch)
- Introduction to business studies (The Open University)
- Data, computing and information (The Open University)
- The arts past and present (The Open University)
- Web applications: design, development and management (The Open University)
- Digital photography (The Open University)
In my spare time I enjoy travelling, playing crazy golf, watching Louis Theroux documentaries, knitting, eating Asian food and playing the ukulele as well as trips to the cinema and spending time with family and friends.
I grew up in the Arctic, in Finnish Lapland, where cloudberries grow in the wild – hence the name 'Cloudberry Books'! I now live in Oxford, UK, with my partner and my mini-lop rabbit.